How the program works
- Schedule an Orientation
You can sign up for a DGWS orientation by calling (313) 297-0062, completing an on-line pre-application form, or filling out a paper pre-application at our administrative offices: 3627 W. Vernor Hwy., Detroit, MI 48216.
- Be Accepted and Placed in a Training Program
After completing the enrollment and assessment process, you will be accepted and placed into the training program of your choice.
- Complete a Training Course
- All of the courses contain a combination of hands-on and classroom training. Sessions typically last 10-12 weeks. Exact class times and locations will vary depending on the course.
- During the training, you will meet with a case manager and workforce development coach. The case manager will discuss any current barriers which may be preventing you from obtaining employment. The case manager will be your advocate and help to eliminate barriers. The workforce development coach will help improve you resume and interview skills.
- Become Certified for Employment in a Green Industry
Once you successfully complete your course, you will be job-ready in a key area of green industry. You will work with the job developer will connect you with job opportunities within the DGWS employer network.